How Do NH Schools Define Bullying? ~ from NH HB 1523
I.(a) “Bullying” means a single significant incident or a pattern of incidents involving a written, verbal,or electronic communications, or a physical act or gesture or any combination thereof, directed at another pupil which:
(1) Physically harms a pupil or damages the pupil’s property;
(2) Causes emotional distress to a pupil;
(3) Interferes with a pupil’s educational opportunities;
(4) Creates a hostile educational environment; or
(5) Substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school.
(b) “Bullying” shall include actions motivated by an imbalance of power based on a pupil’s actual or perceived personal characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs, or motivated by the pupil’s association with another person and based on the other person’s characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs.
Link to NH House Bill 1523 NH Pupil Safety and Violence Protection Act