About SAU56 > Anti Bullying Resources
How Do NH Schools Define Bullying? ~ from NH HB 1523
I.(a) “Bullying” means a single significant incident or a pattern of incidents involving a written, verbal,
or electronic communication, or a physical act or gesture, or any combination thereof, directed at
another pupil which:
(1) Physically harms a pupil or damages the pupil’s property;
(2) Causes emotional distress to a pupil;
(3) Interferes with a pupil’s educational opportunities;
(4) Creates a hostile educational environment; or
(5) Substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school.
(b) “Bullying” shall include actions motivated by an imbalance of power based on a pupil’s actual or
perceived personal characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs, or motivated by the pupil’s association with
another person and based on the other person’s characteristics, behaviors, or beliefs.
Link to NH House Bill 1523 NH Pupil Safety and Violence Protection Act